The big game was on. Me and my friends had been anxiously waiting the whole week for this game. We gathered in the local Irish pub to watch it. It was a great game so far, the score was tied at 21-21 at the end of the half. I had placed a bet on this game with my good friend Billy. I don't usually place bets with Billy because he is a sore loser and always is a pain in my behind to pay up. But this time he seemed different he seemed as if he was confident instead of his usually salty self. So when I talked to him he said that he had done his homework and that here is a 75% chance of his team winning. Of corse that had me nervous but I still had my faith once the game started. And I had no reason to be nervous once the second half started. The score went from being 21-21 to 42-28 going into the fourth quarter. Everyone in the pub had also been going for the team that I had bet on. So when they had scored yet another touchdown in the fourth quarter everyone was going nuts. Well everyone except for billy who sat cross armed by the bar table next to the bud light sign.
I had never seen something like this before. There was a man that was about to attempt to walk across two sky scrapers on nothing but a thin piece of string. And may I mind you that the man had nothing below to catch him so if he fell he would die. Everyone had their phones out ready to record this man doing this insane stunt. As the man took his first step on the line you could feel the nervousness from everyone. While the man was going across the line I was probably more nervous than the man was, my hands were shaking like it was on vibrate. The man seemed to be doing great until he just got a little past the middle, he almost tripped. He was struggling to find his balance his body was swaying with the line to get his balance back. But he eventually found it and once he did you could smell everyones breaths as we all sighed in relief. When the man reached the end everybody went crazy we all screamed and cheered for that man.


No comments:
Post a Comment