In life you may never know exactly when your time will be up. You just know that eventually it will run out. So with that little time that you have you should make the best of it,and keep striving for more and never settle. "A Coney Island life" by James Weil teaches us to appreciate everything that life has given us but to always strive for more. So that when your time does run out you know that you will have achieved that brass ring.
One of the main things that I got out of this poem is that we should be thankful for everything that we receive and achieve, because we don't know when we won't be able to do those things anymore. For example on the poem when he says "how many more times round I have left." In that he's telling us that he doesn't have that much time left and he wants us to make the most of the time we have left because he didn't. And he wants us to make the most of it so that we can feel more pleased when we pass and not feeling empty like him. When he says "Before the game is up." He is saying that when our time is up its UP and we don't have any second chances so we should me the most of what we have left and not live with any regrets.
The main thing that I had gotten out of this poem is that we should always want more and never settle or give up. Because if we do we won't achieve anything in life and we won't be happy. But what he is trying to say when he says "Now arms filled with dolls I threw so much for." Is that he never gave up or even settled and for doing so he has recieved many awards and prizes. So that's what he wants us to do also. So that we can live a more happy and fun life. In the poem when he says "On roller coaster ups and downs." This means that in life there are going to be times where you are going to be over joyed with happiness and also times of struggle and sadness but to always remember to enjoy the good times and work threw the bad and make the most of your life.
Therefore, we should work hard dream big and never give up. And we should also appreciate everything that life offers us and take it because we never know when we will get that chance again. But most importantly we should make the most of our life and keep on moving forward to reach the brass ring.
I really like you poem overall and your thesis and lessons taught from the poem "Coney Island Life". But I do think you could improve your word choice to really express how you feel.
ReplyDeleteI really liked your intro paragraph andI thought you explained and wrote your thesis nicely. Your body paragraphs related to your thesis and you explained the message you got from the poem well. In the intro and conclusion, I think you should explain more about what the brass ring is because if I had not read the poem beforehand, then I wouldn't have known what you were talking about. Overall, I thought your essay was well written and flowed nicely.
ReplyDeleteAS(2-) PLEASE INCLUDE A SHORT SYNOPSIS/SUMMARY OF POEM IN THE INTRODUCTION. REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT WRITING/TALKING TO ANYONE SO IT SHOULD BE WRITTEN IN THIRD PERSON, AND YOU ARE MORE SO HOLDING A DISCUSSION. PLEASE AVOID WRITING "THIS QUOTE EXPLAINS" "THIS QUOTE IS TALKING ABOUT" AGAIN YOU ARE NOT TALKING TO ANYONE DIRECTLY, SO JUST GET TO YOU IDEA/POINT. ALSO "I" IS NOT ALLOWED YOU NEED TO STOP USING IT AND AVOID IT. CONCLUSION IS ALSO LACKING MANY KEY ELEMENTS.
ReplyDelete