Friday, January 30, 2015

Poem

I can show you the world
And help you see things differently
At times I can be far or very close
But I always come up to help you
I help you when life starts to get a little blurry
And I can always be with you

But if you mishandle me I will break
And crack and bend
Because I am fragile
I can only be put back together if you fix me 
But to avoid all of that just handle me with care

Your life would be a blur if you didn't have me
I make you see the bigger image
And make it clear for you to do the right thing
if you forget about me you won't see a thing
And I can save your life sometimes
By having you see which is right

The things that I'm capable to help you with
You wouldn't be able to live without me
I may be skinny a fragile
But I am as good as you need me to be
Because I come in different prescriptions
I am a helper 
But most importantly I am your glasses

2 comments:

  1. I thought you had a really good idea and I liked how you wrote about how it helps you see. I think you should write more about the different aspects also, and how you relate to those too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your poem and I like how you compared yourself to the glasses. But like Jenna said, try to compare yourself to the other aspects of glasses and not just helping to make peoples vision better.

    ReplyDelete