Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Merchant of Venice questions #2

Choosing a man sutible for Portia is out of her hands because she doesn't not have a say in who she wants to marry and it is rather up to get father the king.

Shylock is the guys that Antonio gets money from with his credit. The importance that Shylock had right now is that he had to get money from him so that bass snip can go and see that girl.

The agreement that shylock and Antonio come to terms with is that Antonio has to pay Shylock back with in a month and if he dosent then Shylock is going to get a pound of flesh from Antonio.

Shylock is hesitant to make this deal because they do not have the best terms together and they don't really get a long that well because Shylock is a Jew and Antonio is another religion so they automatically have racial tension with eachother and Shylock is also very racist.

By the way that Antonio comes off to me yes I would trust Antonio because I know that he has money and he also comes off as very like able. But if I were put into shy locks shoes then I dont think that I would trust him as much because we have tension between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment