Thursday, September 18, 2014
Querencia Rough draft
Sometimes I over think every thing and I just have too much on my mind. My head is filled with all the thoughts of the tons of homework I still have yet to do the essays due on Monday, the projects due on tuesday, the final exams on wednesday, and the drama and rumors spreading around school like a brush fire. I need to escape from all of this.
It wasn't until 2 years ago that I found this special place of mine. My dad had signed me up for members at 24 hour fitness in pearlcity. It was a gift for me for my 12th birthday. I come here to practice my game in the basketball gym and to enjoy the warm and relaxing waters of the jacuzzi. all though those are the only two things I do here they are the only things I need right now.
This place has done so much for me in these past two years. It helps me clear my mind and focus on what's right and what's the right thing to do. It helps me with all the tough decisions I have to make. This is the place that I started my grind at because all the other parks by my house don't have lights or are dangerous to walk too. This is the place that I played my first pick-up game with men because no one that lives by my house plays basketball ball or takes it seriously. And that's only a few of the things that it has done for me. After school I try to finish my homework as fast as I can so I can go out the door and get there as soon as I can. Especially when I feel emotional. I beg my dad so much to take me when I don't want to walk there or when the sun goes down and I can't walk there that he sees me as a pesky fly at times.
My love for this place and for this game is so great that its like a bond that cannot be broken no matter what. And this is not only my special place but it is my querencia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment